[MINUTES] SEPTEMBER CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING
In lieu of minutes here is the transcript to this months meeting.
Dunaire Neighborhood Meeting-20260908_233044UTC-Meeting
Recording
September 8, 2026, 11:30PM
1h 2m 53s
![]()
PAVILLION 0:18
One, two.
Thank you.
You do DJ stuff. A lot of stuff. A lot of stuff. KP.
We know who that is. Oh, that's Christy. Hey, can you hear us?
![]()
Kelly Panter 0:35
Kelly Panner.
Yeah, it's Kelly Panter.
![]()
PAVILLION 0:42
Hey, Kelly. Hi, how are you?
![]()
Kelly Panter 0:44
Good, how are you?
![]()
PAVILLION 0:45
Alright, I just want to make sure that you can hear us on the computer and you
can see us. That's everybody. It's Kelly's link. Got you. Okay. Do we need to
move the camera down a little bit so it's easier to see the table?
![]()
Kelly Panter 0:49
Yes, I can.
No, it's perfect actually.
Perfect.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:13
All right, then. Go ahead.
Phone's plugged in, so we're using my internet phone.
I know that there are like three others here.
Okay, and do you need volunteers to pass out the flyers? I mean, I would say
that I should get enough all the way around the neighborhood and then give
them.
Exit additional flyers, so they like, they could hit people like, "Hey,
you know..."
I'll do him then.
Okay.
Would you like to do your street or neighborhood watch the fires that need to
go out?
It was the only one person I had, and I'll deal with her. I will.
How many, how many brochures did she put out? The one that, ohh no, it's just,
you know.
Everybody has your thing, and it's, you know, yeah.
It's a small thing.
That's funny, I'm just gonna put them in the store, yeah.
Okay, yeah.
And this fire.
Can you give us a preview? I can't, because we're using this right now, and it
said it to me, but I believe it's got everything on there.
OK, I trust that it's 100%.
Okay.
![]()
Kelly Panter 3:53
Hey guys, it's really hard to hear you. I can hear Edie, but I can't hear
anybody else.
![]()
PAVILLION 3:58
So, I could move it closer to us.
![]()
Kelly Panter 4:01
Yeah, I think that would be helpful, just the microphone's too far.
![]()
PAVILLION 4:04
Awesome, I just used, I just used the BBQ grill that you can't see, and we'll
just move you closer.
![]()
Kelly Panter 4:12
Awesome, thank you.
![]()
PAVILLION 4:14
And then we'll refer to you as BBQ Grill because it adds humor.
That would be great. That would be awesome. Hold on, Kelly.
![]()
Kelly Panter 4:24
Okay.
![]()
PAVILLION 4:29
Ohh, the damn wheels. Ohh, no, it's a fold out, yeah.
Already cursed twice.
Feeling feisty. I said it right now. Okay.
![]()
Kelly Panter 4:49
Yes, much better. Thank you.
![]()
PAVILLION 4:50
Awesome, OK.
Kelly, she's the one who's providing us the Zoom. Are we missing people? Yeah.
But you know...
![]()
Kelly Panter 5:03
I just texted Dwayne and Carol because usually there are, Dwayne's always on,
so I'm wondering if he just missed it. I just texted them.
![]()
PAVILLION 5:14
Oh good, because yeah, usually they are on.
Really, for meetings, for...
We, the signs are always the most effective and we're just trying to get the
community to recognize it's two Tuesdays, second Tuesday, second Tuesday. Yeah,
it's been a pattern since, well, since.
April, May, June, July, August, September. Six months of meetings. Yeah, okay,
we're on A roll.
Was it was the sunny out there?
I think it was. Okay, then Anna did that before she left for just doing a mural
out of town. Okay, Jason was talking about the neighborhood watch and another
way that is really effective to communicate.
are flyers. But they're a pain in the Waxanca because we have to distribute
them. And luckily, it's going to get cooler. But for folks who never tune in to
Facebook or...
I'm going to say how to encourage folks on the website, but that's another
conversation. You have to know where the website is that people want to go to
it. Well, it's on the entrance, both entrance signs. You know, mydunnier.com.
I know, I know, but...
I tell you, Anna can keep track of who has, you know, come to at least the
number of people who have come to the website. We're looking at 10 regular
users of the entire, and I'm probably one of them, I must be. So,
We just keep working it. We just keep working it. This party, okay, but I want
you to finish what you were saying. We're going to distribute flyers. Right.
And we needed volunteers. Looks like, I mean, that covers it in the
neighborhood because I'm right on Kingswood. You're doing great with Kingswood.
In Collingwood.
When do you want to time it to go out? As soon as I get a credit, I'm just
going to drive around the neighborhood. I'm not even going to put him up with
his mailbox right now.
Take some tape and just take painter's tape and just hit everybody's door.
If they're mad about it, tell them I did it. Oh, it's fine. It's fine. It's,
you know, it's, I mean, we should all be in communication because at this point
we got the homeless problem, we got the cable guys, we got, you know, other
stuff going on, somebody broke into somebody's truck died.
So...
Yeah, we had a stolen car and a police pursuit go through the neighborhood. Oh,
really? Yeah. And how fast they go to this neighborhood. Well, not very fast.
They had to jump out of the car. I forget the street, but...
That's on Facebook, actually.
Lots of folks try to post to Facebook. Speaking of, okay, neighborhood watch,
Tina Dunkley has gotten, has been revisited by the guy who got him out of jail,
the naked man who has been arrested 28 times.
And...
He's back. Was he at her house? Yes.
She had it on the camera and that's on Facebook. And so I recommended and
others, you know, it's restraining orders. So that's immediate, you know,
arrest. She said he came by three in the morning and said she was sleeping. So
she.
Yeah.
Well, I mean, but he was slicked. Right. And if he's not inside the property or
about to be coming to your property, you should.
Well, you know, unless I mean, we tell that we talk to the community, I haven't
talked to them in the community 'cause I'm just, I mean, between work and
everything.
Have we talked to the community policing person I introduced you guys to?
Yeah, the sandwich.
Smoothies with the cop, yeah, yeah, yeah, and we talked to her since the
smoothies with the cop, or is that the that's the woman who...
Yeah, but she's like social worker, works with the encampments and moving
people to... Right, he needs to be moved out of our neighborhood along with the
people.
Place across the street from Wendy's and the people behind.
The Creek, like all of them need to be moved, and if she was aware that there's
some type of traffic in the neighborhood, maybe she would be able to do
something about it, or at least walk the neighborhood with the sites and see
where they're at. So, you know, there's her and then there's the commander that
put us in contact with her. Both of those people are the kind of people that we
should constantly be in communication with, because I mean, it's great to have
a neighborhood watch, but...
Just watching. If we don't tell somebody like, hey, so this week, you know, the
naked guy came back and, you know, we put out some signs about the phone issue
with the cables and the...
Comcasting, we made our own signs, we put them out and they stole the signs.
Like, are you guys able to come in the neighborhood and do anything about this?
Can we send a patrol to the neighborhood every six hours? Can you do anything?
Like, what are you guys planning to do to support us while we're paying taxes?
The naked man? I don't know. Damn it. He just showed me the picture of the
naked, or the guy who was naked, and now he is. Right at the end towards
Brighton Woods.
Brett.
Ohh, y'all.
![]()
Kelly Panter 11:58
Hey, Edie, Dwayne is asking me how to find the link for the meeting. Is it on
the website?
![]()
PAVILLION 12:05
It's on the website. Under, I found it under standby. This is, this may
interrupt your visual. So.
![]()
Kelly Panter 12:06
Okay, I'll tell him.
Okay.
![]()
PAVILLION 12:14
Looks like, can you see what that says? Community action, I think, or does that
say?
Neighborhood Association or Civic Association. Yeah. So if you click the link
that says Civic Association, on the right hand side of the page, there's a
thing that says Meeting Link.
![]()
Kelly Panter 12:30
Huh.
![]()
PAVILLION 12:35
Click that.
![]()
Kelly Panter 12:36
Okay, civic association and then meeting link.
![]()
PAVILLION 12:39
Yes, and the buttons that are at the top, the 5th button over is Civic
Association. Once you click that, it takes you to a page that says, get alerts
by text, and then the Civic Association meeting is there, and then under that,
there's a meeting link.
![]()
Kelly Panter 12:57
Okay.
![]()
PAVILLION 12:58
Right there.
![]()
Kelly Panter 12:59
Thank you.
![]()
PAVILLION 13:01
This is this is peppermint. It's natural. And then this is heavy duty. If the
critters are biting you. No, we just got a carpenter. Oh, he's just curious.
Oh, anyway, okay. Well, Jason, let me ask you this, okay?
Should we have separate meetings for neighborhood watch? I don't think so. I
don't think we need to continue to have meeting after meeting after meeting
after meeting. I think that we just need to meet and then we need to be in
communication. So I think there's something that she was doing with the website
that allowed us to enter data or just enter like this happened. And also I gave
you, I told you guys about my neighborhood.
Which is?
or whatever's the link called. I thought it was my neighborhood. But anyway, I
had it at the other house. I moved to the neighborhood over here. And that is
just like everything. The problem is like there's always somebody on there
that's like, oh, I need a ride or I'm looking for a handyman. You just kind of
have to ignore all of that stuff. But it does give you alerts as to
somebody in this area did this, or this person who's a predator entered the
area. So I mean, utilizing all those tools, at least we're keeping track of
what's going on. But I think we have to find somebody in law enforcement, which
I thought we did, that we could say like, hey, like this is a problem. Like,
are you guys, we haven't talked in a few
Look into this, or who do we need to contact? Somebody that understands? Yeah,
absolutely. Well, I have their cards on my desk, and I contacted them.
We should tell him about the naked guy being back. We should tell him that we
think we have increased homeless activity.
Tina came to that meeting, too.
Links are something to pay.
Oh, come sit over here. It's an intimate group tonight. And you can actually,
they can see. Yeah. On my.airtv.com.
I've met you many times.
Okay, and it's the mall in Virginia and Ian and Jason and Steve.
Hey, how you doing? Glad you're here. Yeah, but I think you know we have to
tell somebody that's not just us, otherwise we're just complaining to each
other and letting each other out.
No, no, you're right, you're right. I just OK, so I know they gave us a packet
neighborhood watch, and they gave us how to set it up, and also on the website
is a map where you can see who has volunteered on which streets to be.
Yeah, whatever the title is. And of course, Anna volunteered for Hammond. And
so.
Okay.
Gas station lash.
Okay, I want to finish the agenda though. Okay. Okay, so Neighborhood Watch,
Jason, flyers are coming out. You're going to, you have all our numbers or? I
don't have all your numbers, but if you will e-mail me everyone's number, I'll
make sure this is right.
Militant squirrels, I tell ya, okay.
Make sure to get you guys.
And other to be.
Ohh, good, so do 200 of the first run, and then...
That was about the face.
Yeah, well, and I would volunteer for that, too. I would help my.
Uh...
Yeah, yeah, we need him. Honestly, everybody.
Says the signs, I saw the sign, and so...
Maybe we need a sign that says, "Get on the website or Facebook,"
and...
Anyway, but okay, let me just make a note. Okay, Virginia, I'll come get those
signs. Oh, hey, Virginia, just a side note. Do you have Anna's check? I do.
Okay, well, I'm going to come get it because that's what she wanted me to do.
And while I'm picking up the signs, I will get that.
I, I, you know, let me do something for her, so...
She does so much for us. OK, but when I pick up this size, I'll...
Um...
Contact.
I will, I will do that. I will contact the commander and the...
I want to go over there, though. I don't want to go alone. Over where? To where
the encampment is. Yeah, if you go, you need to go with the commander.
with a cop. Yeah, no, don't go over there by yourself. I don't know, we don't
know anything about those people who's over there. The primary one that I see
is as soon as you make the right off of the memorial, pass by them.
Hardy's. Look to your right and it's like, there's two propane tanks or three
propane tanks, like as if they were gonna, you know, like a barrier. And then
there's, you just look back in there and there's like chairs on there.
And there's always somebody like, if you're up around during the day, there's
always somebody who needs something.
So when you take the first right off of Memorial onto Collingwood or the other
entrance? No, off of Memorial onto, is it Kingswood or Charles? What's the
name? George Luther. Right. So you make that right on George Luther. Street
splits. It goes back around towards the apartments.
Where they used to have a bunch of construction materials and stuff in the
county.
Go down our street.
Where the sign is, so our street is Kingswood; it's kind of like it's not a
five points, it's like a four points, so if you veer over to your left, you can
see it.
I tell you what, Amal, would you ride with me? I just want to take some
photographs and have an idea.
Oh, you got photos. See, because I want to understand when I call the
commander, what am I asking for the social worker? She'll schedule a time and
then they will move people physically, but...
Wait a minute, wait a minute. I don't know.
So you and I talked about that and you said, I said, they told me it was
private property. He said, no, that's not, that belongs to the state that was
being controlled by that. So, okay, now it gets complicated, Dan. Let me see.
Uhh...
![]()
Kelly Panter 21:39
Dwayne, did they freeze?
You're muted.
![]()
PAVILLION 21:47
Like stuff.
![]()
Kelly Panter 21:47
Oh, there we go. I see him now.
![]()
PAVILLION 21:49
If you travel all the way down here, there was an encampment over in here, and
at the end of our street, what happens is they walk down to people, they just
come down these more.
go off in here in the park. And then if you look carefully, there's stuff on
both sides of the creek, and it's kind of obscure. So it's like the more you
allow it to happen, the more people come over here because no, there's no cops
coming over here.
Body bothering them, so they can just camp out and make more stuff they get.
You know, a lot of people, they just they have mental health problems,
whatever, so they just figuring it out, so they just have a basket and they're
just grabbing stuff. Ohh, I can use this for that, or I can use it for this,
and then it is on everywhere, yeah.
They did that actually. I called the police in that encampment. There was smoke
coming out of it.
And it was just billowing out and I called the police and the lady was asking,
I was like, why are you asking this? Like at this address across the street,
there's a fire. And she was like, okay, well, do you know who started? No, I
don't know who started. I know there's a fire and I could see flames and I
could see smoke coming out.
And that's where the kids get picked up from school. Like the family that's
lousing family that's directly across the street from. They, you know, their
kids walk and then their mom sits there and waits for them to get on the bus
and they sits there and like that. Is that following the enforcement?
I would think bankruptcy is the police, that's an actual misdemeanor. So I
would think that's the police. Code enforcement is what you're occupying or
what you've got going on. So I mean, if you've got butane tanks and you're
starting a fire, then that's...
The question is, who's actually going to take action?
It took me two weeks to get the tree out.
That they put on.
So...
OK, but the property, the property belongs to the state, or is it? You seem to
think it's the state, I don't know.
That when they go, but that's across the street, isn't it? They know that on
that side too. Okay, you see. Yeah, they know that on the way. Right there.
Right there. Okay, so people go this way. And there's a lady the other day we
called the police because she had a lawn chair.
At a table, in her car with her lights on, and she was just hanging out right
there, and we were like, "There's a lady that's like camped out, she was a
quarter of an hour."
Babe, this is where I always see Bobby.
Like, it looks like they shoot like 4 bands, and then they leave.
This side, like, with my heart issues, we all up and they'll get to be.
Well, it's drug addiction, obviously. I mean, I can have compassion for, you
know, honestly, what is my concern? Well, that no one is accosted at the bus
stop, the kids are safe, you know, and that they don't set fires that will burn
down our houses.
I mean, there's too much going on to one issue leads to another.
Don't police the area. Homeless people show up. Homeless people show up. They
know they're not policing the area because they live in the woods. Therefore,
if I'm riding down the street and I got a truck, like I told you last time,
they have a cherry picker with no state information and no...
Georgia.
What you call it? So 2 dudes were white beaters right after that storm, and it
tore out the line that comes right over to Miles. Came over and they were
wrapping cable up, zip tying it, and throwing it on their cherry picker. Those
dudes did not work for Comcast, and they did not work for AT&T.
Now, if you want to tell me that they're a contractor and that's how they do
it, like they wrap the line up, but I would think that the dudes would just
leave it there and not have it wrapped up for them, or they would say something
about it. Because I asked, hey, what's going to happen to this cable? They're
like, the cable dudes, when they do the repair, are going to either put that
back up or they're going to take it away.
Before they ever came, these dudes came, cut the cable in front of me and Alex.
Did you get any picture?
I think I was on my way out after.
So.
This was, no, this is like this time.
Alex and the kids, the guy who lives right next door to us.
He was outside with the kids. They were downloading stuff out of the van. I was
trying to leave, because remember, the power was out. So Heidi and the baby
went to stay at the other house, so I was just, you know, getting ready to go
out, and I had to go do everything I was doing, kind of like that.
So I wrapped everything up, set the alarm for the house, checked the generator,
and then I headed out, going over to the other house to check on them before I
went to work. And dude was just wrapping up the cable. And I was like,
So, I mean, we have, okay, is anybody directly contacted AT&T? Yes, me and
Anna have done that. We've contacted, they have a number for it.
We, I called actually AT&T.
sure, these are the same dudes that stole the cable that had our neighborhood
offline, both Comcast and AT&T for like a week. And they're like, okay,
like we'll send somebody out. Now, did they come? I didn't stand around to wait
and find out. And none of us want to basically be like, oh, sure, take my phone
number and then I'll come talk to you as you arrest the guy. So when they don't
get arrested,
Right, so no, that's, you know, some of the dumbest questions.
Okay, so what I hear you saying is really we need to call the police, explain
that this is a repetitive thing. We need regular patrols like every six hours.
I mean, as often as they are going to do it in another neighborhood, I'm sure
they don't not patrol Avondale.
sure they don't not patrol the area surrounding downtown Decatur. I'm sure they
don't skip over Scott. That's Decatur Police too. Right, I'm sure. And Avenale
has their own police force. So our police force would be the county and
whatever municipality that happens to deal with us, which we're gonna
incorporate some.
I know I emailed him. I don't have a name off the top of my head, but when I
could get the tree out, that was one of the first people.
Lady I met in the office, and then I got that name that you get on e-mail from
somebody in the commissioner's office. I added that in, and I added the person
who supervises.
But I mean, unless you bug these people, nothing.
They do.
Will pay for their donuts.
I think their donuts are free and QQ, but... See, well, they've all got free
donuts. I know, they got the hookup. What the hell? All right, well...
![]()
Duane Longenecker 30:00
This.
![]()
PAVILLION 30:08
I wonder if...
![]()
Duane Longenecker 30:09
Edie, I'm here online. And yeah, regarding the cable being cut on the
Collingwood entrance, I did call the police and I talked to AT&T, talked to
the serviceman that was there as well. And
![]()
PAVILLION 30:10
Yes.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 30:27
So, I pursued that some. I'm not sure what's happened since that, but...
It looks like they put a more secure box and conduit there, so that hopefully
it doesn't get cut as easily again, so...
![]()
PAVILLION 30:45
Also, every time they cut it, I think they lose the copper. Like, we're not
receiving the internet on cover anymore.
All of our.
Well, yeah, but see, when they put when they put that cable out initially, we
were still on copper, so inside the cable, the cable is this thing, fiber
running on top, but the majority of the cable in there is copper, it's also
stranded copper, which is crazy because that means you have to get all that.
Like.
But they're getting about that much power.
Sometimes, you know, that much time. So, how much money are we talking about?
I love it that you know these things.
And they're supposed to ask for your ID and verify where you got it from.
I believe they're basically saying you gotta talk about a couple.
If it's somebody that can't prove it, they're probably not giving them $5.
They're not giving them 7 bucks. They're giving them what they want to give
them. I'll tell you, I'll tell you what, I give you $1000. You got a whole
truck loaded, I give you $1000.
Somebody that's hustling in Atlanta, and you got a whole city of Atlanta to
ride around and scavenge.
It's a regular job. So, okay. Well, just to wrap up with a section of...
Yeah, crime.
Yeah, neighborhood watch. Well, we talked about...
The our our our nudist, our naked man is back in the neighborhood harassing
Tina. We've got the encampments again and I'm going to contact the social
worker and the.
County Commissioner, I think, would be really, and then the third thing, of
course, is...
The line's being cut to the internet, so...
You know, that's three things. That's not like they have a list. It's bullet
pointed and it's like, these are the three issues we're having. How can you
help us resolve that? You know, and of course he's going to say, you know, it's
AT&T's lines, etc. Or we have people that, yeah, we have a big homeless
problem.
How are you going to help us stop traffic in our neighborhood that is a
minimally questionable?
Bye.
Okay, okay.
Okay, so...
And, like I said before, there is a there is a map on the website that shows
you who are the representatives right now. We'll have to put your name on there
for each neighborhood watch.
And there, but there's, and looking at that, they had jobs and you know things
you need to do, proceed, like she gave me that packet and all that stuff, yeah,
yeah.
So you guys used each other as a resource? Yeah. That makes sense. Not all
this, you know, all this other stuff that goes with it.
Big.
We can call them. We can all be aware of what's going on. If you track them, we
can call them. We can call them via e-mail. Call the police. We're referring to
the county, the police, the county commissioner, the person who's in charge of
community action or social services that deals with homeless people. They
should all, I mean, literally like 1 e-mail.
It has all of them on it, and it's like, "Hey, we're emailing you from
Done Air this time, it's so and so and so and so. I've copied my cards in this,
and this is what we're working on. These are the experiences that we've had
over the last week. Is this something you guys can help with? Of course, can
you send somebody out? Okay, and why is there anybody for joining?
Yeah, there's a controversial. Well, yeah, because they're using them for
everything else. I mean, they've already arrested 5 cops, 4 cops, like sacking
people, yeah.
Personal purposes, like, you know, my girlfriend's cheating on me, I'm a
follower around him.
Please, OK. Well, if anybody knows.
Three.
Lays down.
Okay, well that's an announcement that could go out.
She has a tree list on there on the website. Yeah, and I've got another company
I'd like to add, but okay, I'm just gonna make a note announcement. Steve's
tree would.
And just dovetail with that.
We, you know, we lost a neighbor recently, and I just really want that to
awaken us to, we live in an urban forest that has to be maintained. And Wayne,
y'all were definitely, I mean, put in.
Your lives were put in danger.
For the next meeting, I'd like to get Trees Atlanta. We can get...
Some of their volunteers, and then if we pull together volunteers.
To save the trees, it's cutting the ivy, in fact.
Anna put all the information on the website about how you cut to ivy.
You're looking at me like paying attention. Oh, okay, okay. But I mean, it is
at least that simple that we can stop them from being choked. Now, getting into
the forest, and you know, that's where I would, yeah. Yes, well, yeah. Also,
she said something about you, you know, people keep.
Cutting their lawns and they take the trimmings and put them around the tree.
Yes.
So, I mean, I think we need a neighborhood class on how to take care of our
trees, so they, you know, at least, I mean, the drought also has a profound
effect, and then the roots get shallow and they fall over.
But anyway, so October, I think we're gonna, yeah, 'cause it's cooler and
trees, Atlanta.
Everybody okay with that?
I gotta practice grills of water.
I saw those cars.
How pricey was he for trees?
More trees.
One.
Did he use a crane? No hardware, moved it down.
Six.
Wing.
Wow, OK. Would you OK? Did you give the name to Anna or I did and I will? OK,
OK. It's just we get those names on the.
Anything I have for?
Remoi.
Bing.
When I know the guys that I did, they had like a cram.
I was like, yeah, I'd rather have them do this tree, leaning here on people.
And you can get.
Oh, really? Did you guys do the candlelight? He bought a plane and we had a
deal.
OK, so October is 3 months, and...
Perfect.
Your office.
Have it there, yeah, yeah, yeah, OK.
So, well, we have saved time for the party.
The party, it is this weekend, this Saturday.
And, well, you know...
This is an opportunity to bring the community together, so please talk it up.
It's on Facebook, it's on the website. I'm going to start putting signs out. I
was going to do a flyer, but I waited too late, I think. Is it open to all
members or just? It is open to the neighborhood.
It is free access to the pool, and the Civic Association is buying the food.
Text-only fire, instead of trying to do something.
Like just a simple party this weekend, this time to this time at the pool, free
food and swimming.
Would you like to do that?
Well, in a mall is a mall stand is providing music and...
I tell you what.
I can, I can do a simple fire. I, I actually was working on it and then it
just, I got too self-critical. Sounds silly, but it's like, ohh no, it's not
good enough. It's not Anna.
Seven, yeah.
Will.
It is what it is. And this is this is the mission or the big the big thought is
that we will have 4 gatherings every year. This is the close of summer.
Hopefully we'll have folks dead at the end of the party, you know, pick up a
chair, we start moving stuff in. It's a close at the pool.
The second one will be...
October or maybe November, maybe yeah, mid-November.
Well, okay, November and then the Christmas party.
Well, or instead of a Christmas party, we could have a New Year's Eve party.
I'm just trying to get the community together. And like, for instance, people
are really busy around Christmas, but parents with kids, well, they're just
having, you know, a little gathering in the neighborhood. Be fun to go and have
a little party. Don't have to drive anywhere, you know.
I don't know, you don't think that's...
Am I alone in here?
That's the idea. A Christmas party, but that's going to be colder. Where will
it be? Well, the November thing, it's because we want to do this last year, and
now we have this cleaned out, but build a nice warm fire, hot cider, and
I don't know, cookies, you know, but uh, and uh...
Marshmallows, the s'mores. Thank you. S'mores for the kids. We'll do
storytelling.
And then, you know, it's building community, gathering together. Anyway, and
like regular meetings. So the news is we do have both my sons are chefs. They
have agreed to cook. My son has a grill. He also has a tent.
A mall's playing music. We do need volunteers for setup.
And set up, yeah. Where did these go? We're gonna sprinkle them around 'cause
it's gonna be the neighborhood picnic. You're coming, aren't you, Jason? No.
Yeah.
Oh, okay. Well, see, this is the opportunity to have either a little table, you
know, that says sign up for Neighborhood Watch or hi, I'm Jason. Have you heard
about Neighborhood Watch? Because you're such a smooth talker. Community
action. That's right. That's right.
That's what we're talking about, you know, and the world at large is
complicated, so let's get closer to our neighbors.
Give.
Oh, they'll come back. Is it so expensive in Avondale and Decatur? Thank you.
Without getting into, yeah, I don't really want you or anyone else there
swimming pool.
Yeah, I think that's a nice, long waiting list. Now, speaking of
communication...
Ian had a great idea, would you, about a survey? Yeah, yeah, basically another
flyer. Yay, flyers.
So, just...
You gotta combine that with whatever's come in through the website.
You know, I use the the old e-mail list to send out for party invitations if
you're on the old e-mail list.
Should have gotten a party invitation.
Okay, well...
Yes.
Yes, he did. And it's in my office, but y'all give me your e-mail addresses.
See, this is where, you cannot do this alone. You have president and there's
supposed to be a secretary and a treasurer.
Yeah, but...
Yeah, no, I'm glad to do it, but Steve, to have more efficiency and more
connection, we need more folks heading the committees and stuff.
And, you know, I get distracted, you know, my grandson, it's like, oh,
squirrel, I'm gone. Yeah.
Okay.
Yeah.
No.
You know, I just, I don't want anything keeping anybody in town. That's okay. I
just, yeah.
Yeah. No, we're just, you and I are going shopping on Thursday afternoon or
Friday. Costco. Costco. Costco in the neighborhood.
Yeah, Stone Mountain, baby.
That's not too far, 6 miles, 5, 6 miles. It's a lot closer than. It's better
than going all the way up to the top of the front or worse. Yeah, I always go
to the one at the top of the front.
I love salmon. Yes, every time I invite Virginia for dinner, it's like, we're
having salmon. Get there before I do.
Yeah, so you get to say, yeah, that's why I have such a cute figure. They have
a brisket.
I know the one I found it in Cobb County; they have a brisket lasagna.
Okay, now we're not ignoring y'all. Okay.
It would not be anything.
Well, it's, and you know, actually, there were there was a circle of women who
wanted to serve on a committee.
to look at the other side because there is Teresa is a nurse. She's worked with
homeless people before. So, I mean, it's a whole thing. We got to get the
police and we got to...
Get them to a place where they can get help for sure that.
What? Teresa, who lives on Collingwood.
No.
You've got that.
Actually, she and her husband did all this painting.
Remember that? They've been busy though. And she has. Okay, I've got one last
thing and we're done. And it is, I still think I'm on a walk. Well, okay. No
wonder I'm getting some and eating.
822, okay, good. We're still in time.
Uh, and uh, I was going to say I forgot.
Fabulous.
No.
Just thought of it because of what you all have been saying. Ohh, yes, yes,
yes. I want to bring back the Dunnier dispatch.
Who the dunny?
Yeah, newsletter, it's a newsletter, and I'm thinking quarterly.
You know, so we do one for every season.
And then we can put dates that people can stick it on the refrigerator in.
That it has all the information.
Yeah, I'm good. Well, thank you. That's who I'm going to talk to about if he
will fund the project. Start it back up. You guys know about Electric Owl
Studios? They built film studios. You drive straight through the app.
Indian Creek Train Station on the other side of the studio. Yep, alright, I'll
be there.
And they've been talking about, you know...
something you guys might want to. Hollywood. Let's make them our best friends.
We're not gonna make QT count.
Play.
Walking trail, the walking trail.
That's gonna be a walking. Yes, it's DeKalb County, and they've got maps.
Yes, the walking path. It's all going to be connected. I mean, as part of path
as an organization.
pack sisters that own inherited all packs from Ohio. They, he basically created
all these walkways, like a walkway that goes from downtown all the way to Stone
Mountain and spurs and attached to the BeltLine. Like there's a whole pack
office when I work at that.
Body.
I guess the question is, is support for a path? Yeah, because they're very well
funded. I believe so. Do you all recall Michelle was our representative on
that? She attended the meetings. She put things on the Facebook. There were
maps.
But I don't know the timeline, Steve. I know that it's coming true that it was
approved.
What's the text?
It's going to...
It's going to, well, it will go to here. It will go all the way to Stone
Mountain. So it's got to be part of that. Yes. Yes. Interesting.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 54:39
My understanding was that it will connect Memorial Drive with the Marta
Station, Indian Creek Marta Station.
![]()
PAVILLION 54:40
Is that the world?
Right, that's where it's supposed to come from, the Indian Creek Market
Station. So they're probably going to make it go all the way past the open
area. You know how like our houses sit on Indian Creek? The backside of Indian
Creek, one of you told me all those houses were moved or demoed because it was
all in a floodplain. Floodplain, yeah. So they'll probably use that and make it
like a belt line.
When it comes to our neighborhood. Yeah, it's supposed to. Who else is supposed
to? Not you. As if we didn't have enough. Let's build a path. That's what I'm
saying. You're talking about building a path.
But you just go ahead and give them some, what do you call that? The tough
houses that they sell to Home Depot, just put a bunch of motor and let them
have tidy out.
I saw that. That's what happened. That's what happened. And then they claimed
to clean them out of the Apple.
Right, right.
Somebody tell me that they saw somebody walk to me.
Okay, well, I tell you what, I won't, Anna knows about that too, but
![]()
Kelly Panter 56:21
Hey, Edie, have we reached out to our commissioners yet? I heard somebody
mention it earlier in the meeting, but have we reached out to them before?
![]()
PAVILLION 56:21
Air.
We have, Anna has, uh, Anna has talked to him.
![]()
Kelly Panter 56:37
Okay.
![]()
PAVILLION 56:38
Oh.
But would you like, like to invite them to one of our meetings?
![]()
Kelly Panter 56:46
Well, I'm trying, so I work with Commissioner Ted Terry in my professional
life, and he's part of Super District 6. So we're under four and six. And
![]()
PAVILLION 56:53
Oh, wow.
![]()
Kelly Panter 57:02
So I've worked with him professionally, but I'm trying to figure out how to
separate that, you know, the personal from the professional. And maybe I just
reach out to him and say, you know, are you willing to talk to our community?
Or if not, you know, what are you, just trying to get some ideas of like,
He's a very nice guy, but like what we might be able to do to get things
moving. So I just need to kind of think through that if I can reach out to him
from my work account, essentially.
![]()
PAVILLION 57:38
OK, well, yeah, he's a great guy. He was mayor of Clarkston, real.
![]()
Kelly Panter 57:44
Yeah, he still is, yeah.
![]()
PAVILLION 57:46
Yeah, and he is fighting the centers, the data centers right now for us. We've
got care on our heels. But yeah, I tell you what, Kelly, I want to talk to Anna
maybe and
![]()
Duane Longenecker 57:46
Eating.
![]()
PAVILLION 58:04
Could all talk about what would that agenda look like? What do we need to, I
mean?
![]()
Kelly Panter 58:09
Yeah, I think I would need your help. I would want to understand from Anna
what's been communicated and then put something together. And then, you know, I
would be happy to send him an e-mail from my work e-mail and, you know, say, if
this is something you are willing to talk to me about, we can talk, you know,
offline or something. Because his e-mail address,
that he has on his website, the Ted at dekalbcounty.gov is not his like
professional working e-mail. I think that's just like a mass e-mail that his
people check or something.
![]()
PAVILLION 58:44
Forward-facing.
![]()
Kelly Panter 58:46
Right, exactly, yeah, so I...
![]()
Duane Longenecker 58:48
One other connection point is I've been noticing that Ted Terry and another
commissioner are working on updating DeKalb County's tree ordinance and are
having public information or listening to the public meetings.
to get input on the tree ordinance. And I'm not sure exactly what all that
entails, but those meetings are going on now, I see on Facebook.
![]()
Kelly Panter 59:17
I think we could reach out to their, because it looked like Shakira Johnson is
super district, or is district 4. And she has, you know, that generic e-mail on
her website, but I mean, I'm sure somebody's checking it. Maybe we just e-mail
them and.
you know, and ask or look at their individual websites. I know Terry, Ted Terry
has one. You know, I'm sure they have additional information and resources, but
maybe we can just get together offline and kind of think through that and
strategize.
![]()
PAVILLION 59:48
That's a great idea. I've got your number and therefore you must have mine.
![]()
Kelly Panter 59:53
Yeah.
Yes.
![]()
PAVILLION 59:57
Yes, I thought that worked that way. And okay.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:00:00
Yep.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:00:06
Um, Anna right now is on a big project out of town, a mural for a...
Kids, kids home, but she will.
It will open up in the next two weeks, I think. But will you be coming to the
party on Saturday? Yes. Okay, well, let's chat.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:00:25
Yes, yes, I'll come.
Okay, sounds good. And anybody that wants to be added to this meeting
invitation, this is through my work e-mail, but I can add 10 to 20 people. I
just can't add a mass neighborhood because I think it triggers some sort of
spam response or something. But if anybody wants to be added to this meeting
invite, so it.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:00:31
Okay, oh, that's wonderful.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:00:52
puts it on your personal calendar, I'll be glad to add you as well. Right now
it just goes to Anna and she copy and pasted the link and post it on the
website.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:01:03
Good.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:01:04
Okay, okay. That is such a great way to close.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:01:06
Thank you.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:01:09
Yeah.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:01:09
You know, there's hope and emotion and movement, and...
Action. Action. Connection. Yeah, well, she loves this stuff and she inspires
me and whatever she doesn't want to do, I mean, whatever she doesn't want to
do, I do. So that's the way that goes. Okay, well.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:01:32
I've learned it's all about politics. All the decisions that we think are being
made, you know, at a board meeting, I can promise you, because I'm a part of
them, it all happens offline. And the decision is coming during the board
meeting, but everything happened offline to make that decision. So.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:01:50
Yeah.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:01:51
Ahh.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:01:51
That's how things work.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:01:54
That's how things work. I just real, oh, there I am.
I just want to say hi.
OK, OK. Great meeting, great meeting, everybody. Yeah, encourage other people
to come second Tuesday of every month. We're trying to make it a...
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:02:05
Ben.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:02:13
you know, well, Zoom or in person, both. Okay, so thanks everybody.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:02:15
Good.
Ben.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:02:22
Thanks, guys.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:02:23
Thank you. Thanks, Kelly, for hosting. Okay. Bye-bye.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:02:26
Sure thing. Have a good night.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:02:28
Thank you, Kelly. Thanks, guys. Take care. Bye.
I remember that, and...
We've got to have more if we didn't have.
But only, you know, even that is not bringing them in.
Dunaire Neighborhood Meeting-20260908_233044UTC-Meeting
Recording
September 8, 2026, 11:30PM
1h 2m 53s
![]()
PAVILLION 0:18
One, two.
Thank you.
You do DJ stuff. A lot of stuff. A lot of stuff. KP.
We know who that is. Oh, that's Christy. Hey, can you hear us?
![]()
Kelly Panter 0:35
Kelly Panner.
Yeah, it's Kelly Panter.
![]()
PAVILLION 0:42
Hey, Kelly. Hi, how are you?
![]()
Kelly Panter 0:44
Good, how are you?
![]()
PAVILLION 0:45
Alright, I just want to make sure that you can hear us on the computer and you
can see us. That's everybody. It's Kelly's link. Got you. Okay. Do we need to
move the camera down a little bit so it's easier to see the table?
![]()
Kelly Panter 0:49
Yes, I can.
No, it's perfect actually.
Perfect.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:13
All right, then. Go ahead.
Phone's plugged in, so we're using my internet phone.
I know that there are like three others here.
Okay, and do you need volunteers to pass out the flyers? I mean, I would say
that I should get enough all the way around the neighborhood and then give
them.
Exit additional flyers, so they like, they could hit people like, "Hey,
you know..."
I'll do him then.
Okay.
Would you like to do your street or neighborhood watch the fires that need to
go out?
It was the only one person I had, and I'll deal with her. I will.
How many, how many brochures did she put out? The one that, ohh no, it's just,
you know.
Everybody has your thing, and it's, you know, yeah.
It's a small thing.
That's funny, I'm just gonna put them in the store, yeah.
Okay, yeah.
And this fire.
Can you give us a preview? I can't, because we're using this right now, and it
said it to me, but I believe it's got everything on there.
OK, I trust that it's 100%.
Okay.
![]()
Kelly Panter 3:53
Hey guys, it's really hard to hear you. I can hear Edie, but I can't hear
anybody else.
![]()
PAVILLION 3:58
So, I could move it closer to us.
![]()
Kelly Panter 4:01
Yeah, I think that would be helpful, just the microphone's too far.
![]()
PAVILLION 4:04
Awesome, I just used, I just used the BBQ grill that you can't see, and we'll
just move you closer.
![]()
Kelly Panter 4:12
Awesome, thank you.
![]()
PAVILLION 4:14
And then we'll refer to you as BBQ Grill because it adds humor.
That would be great. That would be awesome. Hold on, Kelly.
![]()
Kelly Panter 4:24
Okay.
![]()
PAVILLION 4:29
Ohh, the damn wheels. Ohh, no, it's a fold out, yeah.
Already cursed twice.
Feeling feisty. I said it right now. Okay.
![]()
Kelly Panter 4:49
Yes, much better. Thank you.
![]()
PAVILLION 4:50
Awesome, OK.
Kelly, she's the one who's providing us the Zoom. Are we missing people? Yeah.
But you know...
![]()
Kelly Panter 5:03
I just texted Dwayne and Carol because usually there are, Dwayne's always on,
so I'm wondering if he just missed it. I just texted them.
![]()
PAVILLION 5:14
Oh good, because yeah, usually they are on.
Really, for meetings, for...
We, the signs are always the most effective and we're just trying to get the
community to recognize it's two Tuesdays, second Tuesday, second Tuesday. Yeah,
it's been a pattern since, well, since.
April, May, June, July, August, September. Six months of meetings. Yeah, okay,
we're on A roll.
Was it was the sunny out there?
I think it was. Okay, then Anna did that before she left for just doing a mural
out of town. Okay, Jason was talking about the neighborhood watch and another
way that is really effective to communicate.
are flyers. But they're a pain in the Waxanca because we have to distribute
them. And luckily, it's going to get cooler. But for folks who never tune in to
Facebook or...
I'm going to say how to encourage folks on the website, but that's another
conversation. You have to know where the website is that people want to go to
it. Well, it's on the entrance, both entrance signs. You know, mydunnier.com.
I know, I know, but...
I tell you, Anna can keep track of who has, you know, come to at least the
number of people who have come to the website. We're looking at 10 regular
users of the entire, and I'm probably one of them, I must be. So,
We just keep working it. We just keep working it. This party, okay, but I want
you to finish what you were saying. We're going to distribute flyers. Right.
And we needed volunteers. Looks like, I mean, that covers it in the
neighborhood because I'm right on Kingswood. You're doing great with Kingswood.
In Collingwood.
When do you want to time it to go out? As soon as I get a credit, I'm just
going to drive around the neighborhood. I'm not even going to put him up with
his mailbox right now.
Take some tape and just take painter's tape and just hit everybody's door.
If they're mad about it, tell them I did it. Oh, it's fine. It's fine. It's,
you know, it's, I mean, we should all be in communication because at this point
we got the homeless problem, we got the cable guys, we got, you know, other
stuff going on, somebody broke into somebody's truck died.
So...
Yeah, we had a stolen car and a police pursuit go through the neighborhood. Oh,
really? Yeah. And how fast they go to this neighborhood. Well, not very fast.
They had to jump out of the car. I forget the street, but...
That's on Facebook, actually.
Lots of folks try to post to Facebook. Speaking of, okay, neighborhood watch,
Tina Dunkley has gotten, has been revisited by the guy who got him out of jail,
the naked man who has been arrested 28 times.
And...
He's back. Was he at her house? Yes.
She had it on the camera and that's on Facebook. And so I recommended and
others, you know, it's restraining orders. So that's immediate, you know,
arrest. She said he came by three in the morning and said she was sleeping. So
she.
Yeah.
Well, I mean, but he was slicked. Right. And if he's not inside the property or
about to be coming to your property, you should.
Well, you know, unless I mean, we tell that we talk to the community, I haven't
talked to them in the community 'cause I'm just, I mean, between work and
everything.
Have we talked to the community policing person I introduced you guys to?
Yeah, the sandwich.
Smoothies with the cop, yeah, yeah, yeah, and we talked to her since the
smoothies with the cop, or is that the that's the woman who...
Yeah, but she's like social worker, works with the encampments and moving
people to... Right, he needs to be moved out of our neighborhood along with the
people.
Place across the street from Wendy's and the people behind.
The Creek, like all of them need to be moved, and if she was aware that there's
some type of traffic in the neighborhood, maybe she would be able to do
something about it, or at least walk the neighborhood with the sites and see
where they're at. So, you know, there's her and then there's the commander that
put us in contact with her. Both of those people are the kind of people that we
should constantly be in communication with, because I mean, it's great to have
a neighborhood watch, but...
Just watching. If we don't tell somebody like, hey, so this week, you know, the
naked guy came back and, you know, we put out some signs about the phone issue
with the cables and the...
Comcasting, we made our own signs, we put them out and they stole the signs.
Like, are you guys able to come in the neighborhood and do anything about this?
Can we send a patrol to the neighborhood every six hours? Can you do anything?
Like, what are you guys planning to do to support us while we're paying taxes?
The naked man? I don't know. Damn it. He just showed me the picture of the
naked, or the guy who was naked, and now he is. Right at the end towards
Brighton Woods.
Brett.
Ohh, y'all.
![]()
Kelly Panter 11:58
Hey, Edie, Dwayne is asking me how to find the link for the meeting. Is it on
the website?
![]()
PAVILLION 12:05
It's on the website. Under, I found it under standby. This is, this may
interrupt your visual. So.
![]()
Kelly Panter 12:06
Okay, I'll tell him.
Okay.
![]()
PAVILLION 12:14
Looks like, can you see what that says? Community action, I think, or does that
say?
Neighborhood Association or Civic Association. Yeah. So if you click the link
that says Civic Association, on the right hand side of the page, there's a
thing that says Meeting Link.
![]()
Kelly Panter 12:30
Huh.
![]()
PAVILLION 12:35
Click that.
![]()
Kelly Panter 12:36
Okay, civic association and then meeting link.
![]()
PAVILLION 12:39
Yes, and the buttons that are at the top, the 5th button over is Civic
Association. Once you click that, it takes you to a page that says, get alerts
by text, and then the Civic Association meeting is there, and then under that,
there's a meeting link.
![]()
Kelly Panter 12:57
Okay.
![]()
PAVILLION 12:58
Right there.
![]()
Kelly Panter 12:59
Thank you.
![]()
PAVILLION 13:01
This is this is peppermint. It's natural. And then this is heavy duty. If the
critters are biting you. No, we just got a carpenter. Oh, he's just curious.
Oh, anyway, okay. Well, Jason, let me ask you this, okay?
Should we have separate meetings for neighborhood watch? I don't think so. I
don't think we need to continue to have meeting after meeting after meeting
after meeting. I think that we just need to meet and then we need to be in
communication. So I think there's something that she was doing with the website
that allowed us to enter data or just enter like this happened. And also I gave
you, I told you guys about my neighborhood.
Which is?
or whatever's the link called. I thought it was my neighborhood. But anyway, I
had it at the other house. I moved to the neighborhood over here. And that is
just like everything. The problem is like there's always somebody on there
that's like, oh, I need a ride or I'm looking for a handyman. You just kind of
have to ignore all of that stuff. But it does give you alerts as to
somebody in this area did this, or this person who's a predator entered the
area. So I mean, utilizing all those tools, at least we're keeping track of
what's going on. But I think we have to find somebody in law enforcement, which
I thought we did, that we could say like, hey, like this is a problem. Like,
are you guys, we haven't talked in a few
Look into this, or who do we need to contact? Somebody that understands? Yeah,
absolutely. Well, I have their cards on my desk, and I contacted them.
We should tell him about the naked guy being back. We should tell him that we
think we have increased homeless activity.
Tina came to that meeting, too.
Links are something to pay.
Oh, come sit over here. It's an intimate group tonight. And you can actually,
they can see. Yeah. On my.airtv.com.
I've met you many times.
Okay, and it's the mall in Virginia and Ian and Jason and Steve.
Hey, how you doing? Glad you're here. Yeah, but I think you know we have to
tell somebody that's not just us, otherwise we're just complaining to each
other and letting each other out.
No, no, you're right, you're right. I just OK, so I know they gave us a packet
neighborhood watch, and they gave us how to set it up, and also on the website
is a map where you can see who has volunteered on which streets to be.
Yeah, whatever the title is. And of course, Anna volunteered for Hammond. And
so.
Okay.
Gas station lash.
Okay, I want to finish the agenda though. Okay. Okay, so Neighborhood Watch,
Jason, flyers are coming out. You're going to, you have all our numbers or? I
don't have all your numbers, but if you will e-mail me everyone's number, I'll
make sure this is right.
Militant squirrels, I tell ya, okay.
Make sure to get you guys.
And other to be.
Ohh, good, so do 200 of the first run, and then...
That was about the face.
Yeah, well, and I would volunteer for that, too. I would help my.
Uh...
Yeah, yeah, we need him. Honestly, everybody.
Says the signs, I saw the sign, and so...
Maybe we need a sign that says, "Get on the website or Facebook,"
and...
Anyway, but okay, let me just make a note. Okay, Virginia, I'll come get those
signs. Oh, hey, Virginia, just a side note. Do you have Anna's check? I do.
Okay, well, I'm going to come get it because that's what she wanted me to do.
And while I'm picking up the signs, I will get that.
I, I, you know, let me do something for her, so...
She does so much for us. OK, but when I pick up this size, I'll...
Um...
Contact.
I will, I will do that. I will contact the commander and the...
I want to go over there, though. I don't want to go alone. Over where? To where
the encampment is. Yeah, if you go, you need to go with the commander.
with a cop. Yeah, no, don't go over there by yourself. I don't know, we don't
know anything about those people who's over there. The primary one that I see
is as soon as you make the right off of the memorial, pass by them.
Hardy's. Look to your right and it's like, there's two propane tanks or three
propane tanks, like as if they were gonna, you know, like a barrier. And then
there's, you just look back in there and there's like chairs on there.
And there's always somebody like, if you're up around during the day, there's
always somebody who needs something.
So when you take the first right off of Memorial onto Collingwood or the other
entrance? No, off of Memorial onto, is it Kingswood or Charles? What's the
name? George Luther. Right. So you make that right on George Luther. Street
splits. It goes back around towards the apartments.
Where they used to have a bunch of construction materials and stuff in the
county.
Go down our street.
Where the sign is, so our street is Kingswood; it's kind of like it's not a
five points, it's like a four points, so if you veer over to your left, you can
see it.
I tell you what, Amal, would you ride with me? I just want to take some
photographs and have an idea.
Oh, you got photos. See, because I want to understand when I call the
commander, what am I asking for the social worker? She'll schedule a time and
then they will move people physically, but...
Wait a minute, wait a minute. I don't know.
So you and I talked about that and you said, I said, they told me it was
private property. He said, no, that's not, that belongs to the state that was
being controlled by that. So, okay, now it gets complicated, Dan. Let me see.
Uhh...
![]()
Kelly Panter 21:39
Dwayne, did they freeze?
You're muted.
![]()
PAVILLION 21:47
Like stuff.
![]()
Kelly Panter 21:47
Oh, there we go. I see him now.
![]()
PAVILLION 21:49
If you travel all the way down here, there was an encampment over in here, and
at the end of our street, what happens is they walk down to people, they just
come down these more.
go off in here in the park. And then if you look carefully, there's stuff on
both sides of the creek, and it's kind of obscure. So it's like the more you
allow it to happen, the more people come over here because no, there's no cops
coming over here.
Body bothering them, so they can just camp out and make more stuff they get.
You know, a lot of people, they just they have mental health problems,
whatever, so they just figuring it out, so they just have a basket and they're
just grabbing stuff. Ohh, I can use this for that, or I can use it for this,
and then it is on everywhere, yeah.
They did that actually. I called the police in that encampment. There was smoke
coming out of it.
And it was just billowing out and I called the police and the lady was asking,
I was like, why are you asking this? Like at this address across the street,
there's a fire. And she was like, okay, well, do you know who started? No, I
don't know who started. I know there's a fire and I could see flames and I
could see smoke coming out.
And that's where the kids get picked up from school. Like the family that's
lousing family that's directly across the street from. They, you know, their
kids walk and then their mom sits there and waits for them to get on the bus
and they sits there and like that. Is that following the enforcement?
I would think bankruptcy is the police, that's an actual misdemeanor. So I
would think that's the police. Code enforcement is what you're occupying or
what you've got going on. So I mean, if you've got butane tanks and you're
starting a fire, then that's...
The question is, who's actually going to take action?
It took me two weeks to get the tree out.
That they put on.
So...
OK, but the property, the property belongs to the state, or is it? You seem to
think it's the state, I don't know.
That when they go, but that's across the street, isn't it? They know that on
that side too. Okay, you see. Yeah, they know that on the way. Right there.
Right there. Okay, so people go this way. And there's a lady the other day we
called the police because she had a lawn chair.
At a table, in her car with her lights on, and she was just hanging out right
there, and we were like, "There's a lady that's like camped out, she was a
quarter of an hour."
Babe, this is where I always see Bobby.
Like, it looks like they shoot like 4 bands, and then they leave.
This side, like, with my heart issues, we all up and they'll get to be.
Well, it's drug addiction, obviously. I mean, I can have compassion for, you
know, honestly, what is my concern? Well, that no one is accosted at the bus
stop, the kids are safe, you know, and that they don't set fires that will burn
down our houses.
I mean, there's too much going on to one issue leads to another.
Don't police the area. Homeless people show up. Homeless people show up. They
know they're not policing the area because they live in the woods. Therefore,
if I'm riding down the street and I got a truck, like I told you last time,
they have a cherry picker with no state information and no...
Georgia.
What you call it? So 2 dudes were white beaters right after that storm, and it
tore out the line that comes right over to Miles. Came over and they were
wrapping cable up, zip tying it, and throwing it on their cherry picker. Those
dudes did not work for Comcast, and they did not work for AT&T.
Now, if you want to tell me that they're a contractor and that's how they do
it, like they wrap the line up, but I would think that the dudes would just
leave it there and not have it wrapped up for them, or they would say something
about it. Because I asked, hey, what's going to happen to this cable? They're
like, the cable dudes, when they do the repair, are going to either put that
back up or they're going to take it away.
Before they ever came, these dudes came, cut the cable in front of me and Alex.
Did you get any picture?
I think I was on my way out after.
So.
This was, no, this is like this time.
Alex and the kids, the guy who lives right next door to us.
He was outside with the kids. They were downloading stuff out of the van. I was
trying to leave, because remember, the power was out. So Heidi and the baby
went to stay at the other house, so I was just, you know, getting ready to go
out, and I had to go do everything I was doing, kind of like that.
So I wrapped everything up, set the alarm for the house, checked the generator,
and then I headed out, going over to the other house to check on them before I
went to work. And dude was just wrapping up the cable. And I was like,
So, I mean, we have, okay, is anybody directly contacted AT&T? Yes, me and
Anna have done that. We've contacted, they have a number for it.
We, I called actually AT&T.
sure, these are the same dudes that stole the cable that had our neighborhood
offline, both Comcast and AT&T for like a week. And they're like, okay,
like we'll send somebody out. Now, did they come? I didn't stand around to wait
and find out. And none of us want to basically be like, oh, sure, take my phone
number and then I'll come talk to you as you arrest the guy. So when they don't
get arrested,
Right, so no, that's, you know, some of the dumbest questions.
Okay, so what I hear you saying is really we need to call the police, explain
that this is a repetitive thing. We need regular patrols like every six hours.
I mean, as often as they are going to do it in another neighborhood, I'm sure
they don't not patrol Avondale.
sure they don't not patrol the area surrounding downtown Decatur. I'm sure they
don't skip over Scott. That's Decatur Police too. Right, I'm sure. And Avenale
has their own police force. So our police force would be the county and
whatever municipality that happens to deal with us, which we're gonna
incorporate some.
I know I emailed him. I don't have a name off the top of my head, but when I
could get the tree out, that was one of the first people.
Lady I met in the office, and then I got that name that you get on e-mail from
somebody in the commissioner's office. I added that in, and I added the person
who supervises.
But I mean, unless you bug these people, nothing.
They do.
Will pay for their donuts.
I think their donuts are free and QQ, but... See, well, they've all got free
donuts. I know, they got the hookup. What the hell? All right, well...
![]()
Duane Longenecker 30:00
This.
![]()
PAVILLION 30:08
I wonder if...
![]()
Duane Longenecker 30:09
Edie, I'm here online. And yeah, regarding the cable being cut on the
Collingwood entrance, I did call the police and I talked to AT&T, talked to
the serviceman that was there as well. And
![]()
PAVILLION 30:10
Yes.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 30:27
So, I pursued that some. I'm not sure what's happened since that, but...
It looks like they put a more secure box and conduit there, so that hopefully
it doesn't get cut as easily again, so...
![]()
PAVILLION 30:45
Also, every time they cut it, I think they lose the copper. Like, we're not
receiving the internet on cover anymore.
All of our.
Well, yeah, but see, when they put when they put that cable out initially, we
were still on copper, so inside the cable, the cable is this thing, fiber
running on top, but the majority of the cable in there is copper, it's also
stranded copper, which is crazy because that means you have to get all that.
Like.
But they're getting about that much power.
Sometimes, you know, that much time. So, how much money are we talking about?
I love it that you know these things.
And they're supposed to ask for your ID and verify where you got it from.
I believe they're basically saying you gotta talk about a couple.
If it's somebody that can't prove it, they're probably not giving them $5.
They're not giving them 7 bucks. They're giving them what they want to give
them. I'll tell you, I'll tell you what, I give you $1000. You got a whole
truck loaded, I give you $1000.
Somebody that's hustling in Atlanta, and you got a whole city of Atlanta to
ride around and scavenge.
It's a regular job. So, okay. Well, just to wrap up with a section of...
Yeah, crime.
Yeah, neighborhood watch. Well, we talked about...
The our our our nudist, our naked man is back in the neighborhood harassing
Tina. We've got the encampments again and I'm going to contact the social
worker and the.
County Commissioner, I think, would be really, and then the third thing, of
course, is...
The line's being cut to the internet, so...
You know, that's three things. That's not like they have a list. It's bullet
pointed and it's like, these are the three issues we're having. How can you
help us resolve that? You know, and of course he's going to say, you know, it's
AT&T's lines, etc. Or we have people that, yeah, we have a big homeless
problem.
How are you going to help us stop traffic in our neighborhood that is a
minimally questionable?
Bye.
Okay, okay.
Okay, so...
And, like I said before, there is a there is a map on the website that shows
you who are the representatives right now. We'll have to put your name on there
for each neighborhood watch.
And there, but there's, and looking at that, they had jobs and you know things
you need to do, proceed, like she gave me that packet and all that stuff, yeah,
yeah.
So you guys used each other as a resource? Yeah. That makes sense. Not all
this, you know, all this other stuff that goes with it.
Big.
We can call them. We can all be aware of what's going on. If you track them, we
can call them. We can call them via e-mail. Call the police. We're referring to
the county, the police, the county commissioner, the person who's in charge of
community action or social services that deals with homeless people. They
should all, I mean, literally like 1 e-mail.
It has all of them on it, and it's like, "Hey, we're emailing you from
Done Air this time, it's so and so and so and so. I've copied my cards in this,
and this is what we're working on. These are the experiences that we've had
over the last week. Is this something you guys can help with? Of course, can
you send somebody out? Okay, and why is there anybody for joining?
Yeah, there's a controversial. Well, yeah, because they're using them for
everything else. I mean, they've already arrested 5 cops, 4 cops, like sacking
people, yeah.
Personal purposes, like, you know, my girlfriend's cheating on me, I'm a
follower around him.
Please, OK. Well, if anybody knows.
Three.
Lays down.
Okay, well that's an announcement that could go out.
She has a tree list on there on the website. Yeah, and I've got another company
I'd like to add, but okay, I'm just gonna make a note announcement. Steve's
tree would.
And just dovetail with that.
We, you know, we lost a neighbor recently, and I just really want that to
awaken us to, we live in an urban forest that has to be maintained. And Wayne,
y'all were definitely, I mean, put in.
Your lives were put in danger.
For the next meeting, I'd like to get Trees Atlanta. We can get...
Some of their volunteers, and then if we pull together volunteers.
To save the trees, it's cutting the ivy, in fact.
Anna put all the information on the website about how you cut to ivy.
You're looking at me like paying attention. Oh, okay, okay. But I mean, it is
at least that simple that we can stop them from being choked. Now, getting into
the forest, and you know, that's where I would, yeah. Yes, well, yeah. Also,
she said something about you, you know, people keep.
Cutting their lawns and they take the trimmings and put them around the tree.
Yes.
So, I mean, I think we need a neighborhood class on how to take care of our
trees, so they, you know, at least, I mean, the drought also has a profound
effect, and then the roots get shallow and they fall over.
But anyway, so October, I think we're gonna, yeah, 'cause it's cooler and
trees, Atlanta.
Everybody okay with that?
I gotta practice grills of water.
I saw those cars.
How pricey was he for trees?
More trees.
One.
Did he use a crane? No hardware, moved it down.
Six.
Wing.
Wow, OK. Would you OK? Did you give the name to Anna or I did and I will? OK,
OK. It's just we get those names on the.
Anything I have for?
Remoi.
Bing.
When I know the guys that I did, they had like a cram.
I was like, yeah, I'd rather have them do this tree, leaning here on people.
And you can get.
Oh, really? Did you guys do the candlelight? He bought a plane and we had a
deal.
OK, so October is 3 months, and...
Perfect.
Your office.
Have it there, yeah, yeah, yeah, OK.
So, well, we have saved time for the party.
The party, it is this weekend, this Saturday.
And, well, you know...
This is an opportunity to bring the community together, so please talk it up.
It's on Facebook, it's on the website. I'm going to start putting signs out. I
was going to do a flyer, but I waited too late, I think. Is it open to all
members or just? It is open to the neighborhood.
It is free access to the pool, and the Civic Association is buying the food.
Text-only fire, instead of trying to do something.
Like just a simple party this weekend, this time to this time at the pool, free
food and swimming.
Would you like to do that?
Well, in a mall is a mall stand is providing music and...
I tell you what.
I can, I can do a simple fire. I, I actually was working on it and then it
just, I got too self-critical. Sounds silly, but it's like, ohh no, it's not
good enough. It's not Anna.
Seven, yeah.
Will.
It is what it is. And this is this is the mission or the big the big thought is
that we will have 4 gatherings every year. This is the close of summer.
Hopefully we'll have folks dead at the end of the party, you know, pick up a
chair, we start moving stuff in. It's a close at the pool.
The second one will be...
October or maybe November, maybe yeah, mid-November.
Well, okay, November and then the Christmas party.
Well, or instead of a Christmas party, we could have a New Year's Eve party.
I'm just trying to get the community together. And like, for instance, people
are really busy around Christmas, but parents with kids, well, they're just
having, you know, a little gathering in the neighborhood. Be fun to go and have
a little party. Don't have to drive anywhere, you know.
I don't know, you don't think that's...
Am I alone in here?
That's the idea. A Christmas party, but that's going to be colder. Where will
it be? Well, the November thing, it's because we want to do this last year, and
now we have this cleaned out, but build a nice warm fire, hot cider, and
I don't know, cookies, you know, but uh, and uh...
Marshmallows, the s'mores. Thank you. S'mores for the kids. We'll do
storytelling.
And then, you know, it's building community, gathering together. Anyway, and
like regular meetings. So the news is we do have both my sons are chefs. They
have agreed to cook. My son has a grill. He also has a tent.
A mall's playing music. We do need volunteers for setup.
And set up, yeah. Where did these go? We're gonna sprinkle them around 'cause
it's gonna be the neighborhood picnic. You're coming, aren't you, Jason? No.
Yeah.
Oh, okay. Well, see, this is the opportunity to have either a little table, you
know, that says sign up for Neighborhood Watch or hi, I'm Jason. Have you heard
about Neighborhood Watch? Because you're such a smooth talker. Community
action. That's right. That's right.
That's what we're talking about, you know, and the world at large is
complicated, so let's get closer to our neighbors.
Give.
Oh, they'll come back. Is it so expensive in Avondale and Decatur? Thank you.
Without getting into, yeah, I don't really want you or anyone else there
swimming pool.
Yeah, I think that's a nice, long waiting list. Now, speaking of
communication...
Ian had a great idea, would you, about a survey? Yeah, yeah, basically another
flyer. Yay, flyers.
So, just...
You gotta combine that with whatever's come in through the website.
You know, I use the the old e-mail list to send out for party invitations if
you're on the old e-mail list.
Should have gotten a party invitation.
Okay, well...
Yes.
Yes, he did. And it's in my office, but y'all give me your e-mail addresses.
See, this is where, you cannot do this alone. You have president and there's
supposed to be a secretary and a treasurer.
Yeah, but...
Yeah, no, I'm glad to do it, but Steve, to have more efficiency and more
connection, we need more folks heading the committees and stuff.
And, you know, I get distracted, you know, my grandson, it's like, oh,
squirrel, I'm gone. Yeah.
Okay.
Yeah.
No.
You know, I just, I don't want anything keeping anybody in town. That's okay. I
just, yeah.
Yeah. No, we're just, you and I are going shopping on Thursday afternoon or
Friday. Costco. Costco. Costco in the neighborhood.
Yeah, Stone Mountain, baby.
That's not too far, 6 miles, 5, 6 miles. It's a lot closer than. It's better
than going all the way up to the top of the front or worse. Yeah, I always go
to the one at the top of the front.
I love salmon. Yes, every time I invite Virginia for dinner, it's like, we're
having salmon. Get there before I do.
Yeah, so you get to say, yeah, that's why I have such a cute figure. They have
a brisket.
I know the one I found it in Cobb County; they have a brisket lasagna.
Okay, now we're not ignoring y'all. Okay.
It would not be anything.
Well, it's, and you know, actually, there were there was a circle of women who
wanted to serve on a committee.
to look at the other side because there is Teresa is a nurse. She's worked with
homeless people before. So, I mean, it's a whole thing. We got to get the
police and we got to...
Get them to a place where they can get help for sure that.
What? Teresa, who lives on Collingwood.
No.
You've got that.
Actually, she and her husband did all this painting.
Remember that? They've been busy though. And she has. Okay, I've got one last
thing and we're done. And it is, I still think I'm on a walk. Well, okay. No
wonder I'm getting some and eating.
822, okay, good. We're still in time.
Uh, and uh, I was going to say I forgot.
Fabulous.
No.
Just thought of it because of what you all have been saying. Ohh, yes, yes,
yes. I want to bring back the Dunnier dispatch.
Who the dunny?
Yeah, newsletter, it's a newsletter, and I'm thinking quarterly.
You know, so we do one for every season.
And then we can put dates that people can stick it on the refrigerator in.
That it has all the information.
Yeah, I'm good. Well, thank you. That's who I'm going to talk to about if he
will fund the project. Start it back up. You guys know about Electric Owl
Studios? They built film studios. You drive straight through the app.
Indian Creek Train Station on the other side of the studio. Yep, alright, I'll
be there.
And they've been talking about, you know...
something you guys might want to. Hollywood. Let's make them our best friends.
We're not gonna make QT count.
Play.
Walking trail, the walking trail.
That's gonna be a walking. Yes, it's DeKalb County, and they've got maps.
Yes, the walking path. It's all going to be connected. I mean, as part of path
as an organization.
pack sisters that own inherited all packs from Ohio. They, he basically created
all these walkways, like a walkway that goes from downtown all the way to Stone
Mountain and spurs and attached to the BeltLine. Like there's a whole pack
office when I work at that.
Body.
I guess the question is, is support for a path? Yeah, because they're very well
funded. I believe so. Do you all recall Michelle was our representative on
that? She attended the meetings. She put things on the Facebook. There were
maps.
But I don't know the timeline, Steve. I know that it's coming true that it was
approved.
What's the text?
It's going to...
It's going to, well, it will go to here. It will go all the way to Stone
Mountain. So it's got to be part of that. Yes. Yes. Interesting.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 54:39
My understanding was that it will connect Memorial Drive with the Marta
Station, Indian Creek Marta Station.
![]()
PAVILLION 54:40
Is that the world?
Right, that's where it's supposed to come from, the Indian Creek Market
Station. So they're probably going to make it go all the way past the open
area. You know how like our houses sit on Indian Creek? The backside of Indian
Creek, one of you told me all those houses were moved or demoed because it was
all in a floodplain. Floodplain, yeah. So they'll probably use that and make it
like a belt line.
When it comes to our neighborhood. Yeah, it's supposed to. Who else is supposed
to? Not you. As if we didn't have enough. Let's build a path. That's what I'm
saying. You're talking about building a path.
But you just go ahead and give them some, what do you call that? The tough
houses that they sell to Home Depot, just put a bunch of motor and let them
have tidy out.
I saw that. That's what happened. That's what happened. And then they claimed
to clean them out of the Apple.
Right, right.
Somebody tell me that they saw somebody walk to me.
Okay, well, I tell you what, I won't, Anna knows about that too, but
![]()
Kelly Panter 56:21
Hey, Edie, have we reached out to our commissioners yet? I heard somebody
mention it earlier in the meeting, but have we reached out to them before?
![]()
PAVILLION 56:21
Air.
We have, Anna has, uh, Anna has talked to him.
![]()
Kelly Panter 56:37
Okay.
![]()
PAVILLION 56:38
Oh.
But would you like, like to invite them to one of our meetings?
![]()
Kelly Panter 56:46
Well, I'm trying, so I work with Commissioner Ted Terry in my professional
life, and he's part of Super District 6. So we're under four and six. And
![]()
PAVILLION 56:53
Oh, wow.
![]()
Kelly Panter 57:02
So I've worked with him professionally, but I'm trying to figure out how to
separate that, you know, the personal from the professional. And maybe I just
reach out to him and say, you know, are you willing to talk to our community?
Or if not, you know, what are you, just trying to get some ideas of like,
He's a very nice guy, but like what we might be able to do to get things
moving. So I just need to kind of think through that if I can reach out to him
from my work account, essentially.
![]()
PAVILLION 57:38
OK, well, yeah, he's a great guy. He was mayor of Clarkston, real.
![]()
Kelly Panter 57:44
Yeah, he still is, yeah.
![]()
PAVILLION 57:46
Yeah, and he is fighting the centers, the data centers right now for us. We've
got care on our heels. But yeah, I tell you what, Kelly, I want to talk to Anna
maybe and
![]()
Duane Longenecker 57:46
Eating.
![]()
PAVILLION 58:04
Could all talk about what would that agenda look like? What do we need to, I
mean?
![]()
Kelly Panter 58:09
Yeah, I think I would need your help. I would want to understand from Anna
what's been communicated and then put something together. And then, you know, I
would be happy to send him an e-mail from my work e-mail and, you know, say, if
this is something you are willing to talk to me about, we can talk, you know,
offline or something. Because his e-mail address,
that he has on his website, the Ted at dekalbcounty.gov is not his like
professional working e-mail. I think that's just like a mass e-mail that his
people check or something.
![]()
PAVILLION 58:44
Forward-facing.
![]()
Kelly Panter 58:46
Right, exactly, yeah, so I...
![]()
Duane Longenecker 58:48
One other connection point is I've been noticing that Ted Terry and another
commissioner are working on updating DeKalb County's tree ordinance and are
having public information or listening to the public meetings.
to get input on the tree ordinance. And I'm not sure exactly what all that
entails, but those meetings are going on now, I see on Facebook.
![]()
Kelly Panter 59:17
I think we could reach out to their, because it looked like Shakira Johnson is
super district, or is district 4. And she has, you know, that generic e-mail on
her website, but I mean, I'm sure somebody's checking it. Maybe we just e-mail
them and.
you know, and ask or look at their individual websites. I know Terry, Ted Terry
has one. You know, I'm sure they have additional information and resources, but
maybe we can just get together offline and kind of think through that and
strategize.
![]()
PAVILLION 59:48
That's a great idea. I've got your number and therefore you must have mine.
![]()
Kelly Panter 59:53
Yeah.
Yes.
![]()
PAVILLION 59:57
Yes, I thought that worked that way. And okay.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:00:00
Yep.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:00:06
Um, Anna right now is on a big project out of town, a mural for a...
Kids, kids home, but she will.
It will open up in the next two weeks, I think. But will you be coming to the
party on Saturday? Yes. Okay, well, let's chat.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:00:25
Yes, yes, I'll come.
Okay, sounds good. And anybody that wants to be added to this meeting
invitation, this is through my work e-mail, but I can add 10 to 20 people. I
just can't add a mass neighborhood because I think it triggers some sort of
spam response or something. But if anybody wants to be added to this meeting
invite, so it.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:00:31
Okay, oh, that's wonderful.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:00:52
puts it on your personal calendar, I'll be glad to add you as well. Right now
it just goes to Anna and she copy and pasted the link and post it on the
website.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:01:03
Good.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:01:04
Okay, okay. That is such a great way to close.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:01:06
Thank you.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:01:09
Yeah.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:01:09
You know, there's hope and emotion and movement, and...
Action. Action. Connection. Yeah, well, she loves this stuff and she inspires
me and whatever she doesn't want to do, I mean, whatever she doesn't want to
do, I do. So that's the way that goes. Okay, well.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:01:32
I've learned it's all about politics. All the decisions that we think are being
made, you know, at a board meeting, I can promise you, because I'm a part of
them, it all happens offline. And the decision is coming during the board
meeting, but everything happened offline to make that decision. So.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:01:50
Yeah.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:01:51
Ahh.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:01:51
That's how things work.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:01:54
That's how things work. I just real, oh, there I am.
I just want to say hi.
OK, OK. Great meeting, great meeting, everybody. Yeah, encourage other people
to come second Tuesday of every month. We're trying to make it a...
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:02:05
Ben.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:02:13
you know, well, Zoom or in person, both. Okay, so thanks everybody.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:02:15
Good.
Ben.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:02:22
Thanks, guys.
![]()
Duane Longenecker 1:02:23
Thank you. Thanks, Kelly, for hosting. Okay. Bye-bye.
![]()
Kelly Panter 1:02:26
Sure thing. Have a good night.
![]()
PAVILLION 1:02:28
Thank you, Kelly. Thanks, guys. Take care. Bye.
I remember that, and...
We've got to have more if we didn't have.
But only, you know, even that is not bringing them in.

Comments
Post a Comment